Vision & Values
"Walking Together on a Lifelong Journey Of Learning"
MAR:A MAR:A (Hand in Hand)
At Point Pearce Aboriginal School there exists a genuine cooperative partnership between school and the community. We pride ourselves as a safe, caring and challenging learning environment with a focus on celebrating success. Our vision is to maximise the provision of high quality teaching and learning programs for our students, in partnership with parents and community. We will achieve this through our consistent development of an early years focus, within our Rural Aboriginal Children's Centre Model. We will strive to ensure Narungga culture and language is embedded within the curriculum, as this will strengthen student's identity and pride now and into the future.
OUR VISION FOR LEARNERS IS
- to enjoy and value learning
- to develop positive self esteem, self worth and self image (Pride)
- to develop a range of processes and skills to enable them to participate and learn in different contexts ( Participation & Progress)
- We have High Expectations, High Standards, and accept no excuses
OUR VISION FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES IS
- to be active partners in their children's learning
- to be valued for the different experiences they bring and contribute to our school community
- to be positive role models for their children
OUR VISION FOR TEACHERS IS
- to be supported in their own learning and professional development
- to provide high quality and relevant programs for students and children
- to be valued for the range of experiences and expertise they bring to our school community.
At Point Pearce Aboriginal School we value:
Positive Kids, Happy Kids, Friendly Kids, Motivated Kids.